Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Surgery?

I am in a dilemma. I've been diagnosed with Endometriosis & Adenomyosis which gives me pain & cramps during my menses. It has blood clots in my uterus, etc? sigh.. anyway it is not something that is good. Doc advised to go for a Laparascopy which is a key hole surgery to correct this problem.

Prior to this surgery, I will need to fast at least 6hrs & given something to drink to clear my bowels. ThereafterI'll be on drip & fluids during surgery. The anesthesist will then give me a mask to breathe into that will make me go to sleep.

The surgeon will make a small 1-1.5cm cut inside my naval & the laparoscope will be introduced. Co2 will be put into my abdomen thru a special instrument inserted into the navel and a gas help to distend the abdomen making it easier for the surgeon to see the internal organs. Gas will be release at the end of surgery. Then 2 or 3 small 1/2 cm cuts made into my abdoment to put other instruments to be able to perform the surgery. I will then be transferred into another room after an hour.

I may experience nausea and pain but still I will be on drip which maybe given injectable medication. This is a day surgery, I may allowed to go back after at least 4-6 hours of rest depending on surgeon's decision. Some people may stay for a nite.

After seeing these procedures really hold me back.

I am allowed to claim office ins with up to S$15K, but I have existing conditions which has never been declared to my office which then hold me back into doing this operation. What if I can't claim? Where do I in the world pool out the money? But when I ask the gynae, he say my existing disease has got no relations with this conditions at all.. Becos this is quite common found in women nowadays.. And he assured me that there are cases where patients are also claiming insurance has claimed in FULL.. Everyone tells me not to drag, go ahead and do since Doc already explained so clearly..

I ask the gynae how big are the chances of relapsing, he say less than 5%. So now what should I do? Can anyone give me advice? I really can't make up my mind.. How?
I feel so sad.. why do I always have this kind of problem where I just can't simply be let off. something must happen to me.. WHY? so sick of it.. T_T

I AM STRESSED...... IN MY HEALTH? MY WORK? MONEY........ T_T


Bootie thought hard on 9:41 PM.